Professional racer Alex Kapadia is joining Murphy Prototypes for the first round of the European Le Mans Series at Silverstone next weekend.
Kapadia made an impression on the LMP2 paddock with his pace in the final two races of the 2013 season while racing for Boutsen Ginion Racing. For Silverstone he will be taking the place of regular Murphy Prototypes driver Tor Graves who has been sidelined with shingles.
Alex will be joined in the car by ex-F1 driver Karun Chandhok and F1 tester Rodolfo Gonzalez for the four hour race which takes place next Saturday 19th April. He said “I am extremely grateful to Greg for this opportunity. The team have shown themselves to be on top of their game recently and I am very much looking forward to being part of that and helping them get a strong result at Silverstone. I am playing catch up a little as I did not test the car at Paul Ricard last week but I am a quick learner and in Karun and Rodolfo I have two great co-drivers to learn from.
Team owner Greg Murphy said “When I found out that Tor could not race at Silverstone my first thought was to call Alex as he is one of the quickest silver drivers around. I was extremely impressed by Alex’s pace in the Boutsen car last year and think he is definitely a driver to watch for future. I think we have a very strong line up for Silverstone.”
The race will be televised live on Motors TV on Saturday 19th April at 14:10hrs GMT and also broadcast live on radiolemans.com.
For more information please click contact